Maldives travel guide 2021 – As temperatures rise, we begin to think more and more about summer, about the dream vacation we will spend on exotic beaches, in a tropical paradise with endless stretches of azure waters.
Can you already imagine the place where you want to find your refuge to rest and relax this summer season? This can be the Maldives, the island country in the Indian Ocean endowed with white, fine sandy beaches and clear waters of an intense blue, which make up a wonderful landscape.
Here’s everything you need to know to organize an unforgettable holiday in the Maldives in 2021!
When it is recommended to travel to the Maldives – Maldives travel guide 2021
The main advantage of exotic tourist destinations such as the Maldives is that they enjoy an eternal summer. In addition, the ocean water is warm all year round.
No matter how long you decide to travel in this region, you don’t have to worry about the cold. The average temperatures recorded during the day are about 30 degrees Celsius, and at night they do not fall below 25-26 degrees Celsius.
Also you can read:
- Zanzibar travel guide 2021- The hidden gems of Zanzibar
- Best 7 tourist attractions in Andorra La Vella
Instead, there are also periods of prolonged rainfall. They usually occur in the rainy season, which can last from May to December. Depending on the luck, during this period, you can catch short or long rains or you can catch weather as good as that specific to the months of the summer season.
The period with the lowest probability of precipitation is January – April. The most unstable period, in terms of weather, is the one in which the transition is made from the dry to the rainy season, due to the change of monsoons.
Therefore, the best time to organize a holiday in the Maldives, if you want to enjoy the benefits of the perfect beach weather, is in December – April.
Documents required to enter the territory of the Republic of Maldives – Maldives travel guide 2021
To travel on the territory of the Maldives, you generally do not need a tourist visa obtained in advance (but it depends on the country you come from), but you do need an entry visa. It can be obtained at the airport, upon entry into this country, being valid for 30 days. More details about visa you can find out from HERE.
How to get an entry visa
The documents required to obtain an entry visa are the following:
- Passport valid for six months from the date of entry into the country;
- Proof of purchase of air tickets for return to the country on the set date;
- Two passport photos;
- Accommodation voucher.
The cost of issuing an entry visa to the Maldives is $ 30.
It is also recommended that you take out medical insurance before traveling to the Maldives, which is valid for the entire holiday period. You can opt for those with repatriation clauses. They give you the chance to benefit from emergency air transport in the country, in case something happens
Maldives travel guide 2021 – Vaccination is not mandatory to enter the territory of the Maldives, but officials recommend that tourists be kept up to date with special warnings about possible epidemics, which could be triggered in certain areas or periods.
To do this, you can access the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (in your country), where you will find useful information on regular situations that you need to know before traveling to this region.
What you must not miss from your luggage in the Maldives – Maldives travel guide 2021
Here are some essential things to include in your Maldives travel baggage:
- Spray or effective lotions against mosquitoes, if you need;
- Socket adapter, for situations where you will not find one available in the location chosen for accommodation;
- Any medicines you need to take, according to the treatment plan prescribed in the country;
- The budget allocated to the trip in dollars – The local currency is Rufiyaa, and 6.45$ is equivalent to 100 Rufiyaa. The dollars are also accepted, without problems, in any location in the Maldives.
How to get to the Maldives – Maldives travel guide 2021
To travel to Maldives, you need to buy round trip tickets. There are several major airlines that operate flights from major cities to the Maldives and vice versa.
Flight time varies depending on the area where you fly. We did 17 hours. Airline ticket prices usually start at 500 euros.
In the offer of low-cost airlines there are few scheduled flights to this destination. But with a little luck you will find. We leave below a form to the SkyScanner site, the one that helps us to always find cheap flights.
Maldives Accommodation – Maldives travel guide 2021
After purchasing your plane tickets for transport in Maldives, you must also establish the accommodation conditions you want to benefit from in the chosen holiday destination. You have two main options: accommodation in the houses of the locals or in the private resort islands. Here’s what you need to know about them to make the right choice.
Accommodation in the houses of the locals’ islands
Maldives travel guide 2021 – This is the most advantageous option for you, from an economic point of view, the prices starting from 40-50 euros per night and varying depending on the number of people and the space provided.
Most locals use guest houses for tourism purposes, these are usually suitable for 2 people. They may also offer lunch or all-inclusive packages if you arrange these with them at the time of accommodation.
The main disadvantage of this accommodation option comes from the location where these houses are located, on the islands of the locals, which are not considered as beautiful as those with private tourist resorts.
If you choose this option, you must also establish the conditions under which the transfer from the airport to these islands will take place, as not all locals have the opportunity to offer these services. Therefore, if you do not want to spend a very large budget on holiday accommodation in the Maldives, you can opt for this option, which involves low costs, especially in the off-season.
Accommodation in the resorts on the islands
Maldives travel guide 2021 – The private resort islands are the most popular in the Maldives as they offer the best accommodation, transfer and travel arrangements to the most popular attractions. The prices of accommodation at the resort are higher than those related to accommodation in the guest houses of the locals, the price-service ratio being correct.
The resorts on these islands are 4.5 stars and offer luxury services, both in terms of accommodation and other services offered: food, boat transfer, organizing tours and water sports in the best locations.
Thus, you can find advantageous offers, at prices between 1000-2000 euros, for two people, in resorts with half board, for 7, 8 nights. You can also choose the all-inclusive services offered by private resorts, the prices starting from 1500 euro / person, in the off-season.
Maldives travel guide 2021
Starting prices are average, varying depending on the specific requirements of each tourist: the beauty of the island you go to, accommodation in a resort with or without lagoon or a reef where you can snorkel, the size of the island, standard or fast transfer by boat between the locations, the option of accommodation in villas on the water.
Maldives travel guide 2021 – The most advantageous all-inclusive packages include, in addition to food and drink, one or more excursions of your choice, snorkeling or windsurfing lessons, kayaking or jet skiing.
What to visit in the Maldives – Maldives travel guide 2021
Maldives is a destination where you can go to relax, sit on the beach, enjoy the water, do relaxing massages, taste the dishes of the locals and those of the luxury resorts. However, if you want to discover what else this destination has to offer, in addition to the ivory beaches with white sand and the intense blue waters, here is what you can visit:
- Malé National Museum – This is a symbol of the history of the Maldives and the patriotism that characterizes the population of this region. There you will be able to admire artifacts that include valuable historical relics, objects from the period of Royal Antiquity and valuables, which belonged to the monarchs of the Islamic world. If you want to discover as much as possible about the rich culture of the Maldives, the Malé National Museum is the perfect place to do so.
- Malé Fish Market – There you will find fresh fish, exotic fruits and vegetables at any time. When you get there, you will see hundreds of tourists and locals waiting to catch the fresh catch of the dhonons.
- Utheemu Ganduvaru – This is the residence of the former sultan Mohamed Thankurufaan, famous in the Maldives. He is considered one of the most important heroes of the people, fighting for their independence from the Portuguese.
- Bluetribe Moofushi – If you love water sports such as snorkeling, scuba diving, windsurfing and kayaking or catamaran rides, Bluetribe Moofushi is the center you can rely on to organize the most successful trips and experiences of this type. The representatives of the center also organize the most unique romantic excursions for tourists who are on their honeymoon in the Maldives.
- HP Reef – This is the favorite place for diving enthusiasts and the one where you can admire the most beautiful coral reefs in the Maldives. You will be impressed by the variety of colors of the deep vegetation and the beauty of the brightly colored fish in the sea water.
What you can do during your holiday in the Maldives
Maldives travel guide 2021 – Maldives is a perfect destination for organizing the most successful exotic holidays in which you will enjoy the ultimate relaxation. The beaches are fine white sand, and the lagoons with green water – turquoise or electric blue will surely impress you.
Here are some of the most interesting activities you can do in the Maldives:
- Tours in the islands of the locals or in the resort ones, private;
- Snorkeling in coral reefs such as Biyadhoo and Vilamendhoo;
- Excursions where you can fish at night;
- Picnics on uninhabited islands;
- Visiting areas where dolphins are;
- Boat trips.
The most beautiful holiday regions in the Republic of Maldives
Addu Atoll – A region located 541 km from the capital of the Republic of Maldives, Male. This heart-shaped island will captivate you with the beauty of the landscapes it offers and thanks to the special colors of the coral reefs.
Laamu Atoll – There you will discover the place where diving tourists found paradise. Located in the southern Maldives Archipelago, this region is ideal for water sports. There you will be able to admire the dolphins swimming among the thousands of colorful fish.
Maldives – This region includes many small islands with fine white sand and an endless expanse of water colored in shades of turquoise green or deep blue. Over 200 of the islands in the Maldives region are uninhabited, being ideal locations to organize romantic honeymoon trips.
Rasdhoo Atoll – This small atoll is located in the northeastern part of the Ari region, including four islands, two of which are private resort type, one belongs to the locals and the other is uninhabited.
South Male Atoll – This region is perfect for tourists who prefer quiet vacations, spent in discreet resorts. Three of the islands of this atoll are inhabited, being small, but which provides the perfect setting for a successful vacation, spent with family.
Conclusions – Maldives travel Guide
Therefore, the Republic of Maldives is a true paradise derived from the legends of Robinson Crusoe. Both the Maldives and the other exotic regions of this country, where you can spend your summer vacation this year, are impressive due to the view offered, the impressive coral reefs and the many water sports you can enjoy.